playa

playa

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Gracias Especiales...

First, I want to give a special thank you to my dad.  While I was stressing and freaking about passing my first year of medical school, he helped me find this opportunity and get everything in order.  He has a lot going on in his life, yet he took the time, a lot of it, to help me find one of the best experiences of my life.  He had my back all throughout M1 and I can't thank him enough.  Other med students, and fam and friends of med students, know that is hard to have a relationship with one of us.  We are moody. We are stressed. We are worn out. Our time is limited and our conversations are short.  He has shown me so much love and patience despite all of my bitchiness.  Thanks Dad!  I owe you big time... I'll invest in some land down here for your retirement :) :) :)



I also want to thank Nick, my brother for also putting up with me and supporting me this summer.  You are a great little brother, and the kitten videos were awesome. Also, thank you Anne for sending me nice emails and making me feel better when I got homesick :)

Thank you Alex for sticking this out with me.  It was a long distance with limited communication.  But you really outdid yourself and showed great dedication and support for me this summer. Also, the clinic and I thank you for your stethoscope donation. You is kind. You were terribly missed this last month and a half. Can't wait to see you I like you much :)

Maria Lehman, thank you for also helping me set up this opportunity.  As well as having patience with me and teaching me some very important things :) I really appreciate all that did and for checking in on me. See you soon hopefully!

My family at home, my mom, grandparents, aunts and uncles, you guys were so great this month.  I got at least one email from you guys almost every day while I was here.  Your support has really pushed me through some difficult times for me here. 

Bob and Claudia and Todd and Amanda... I don't know what to say.  I was pretty much the very old child of Todd and Amanda this trip.  Every weekend they let me into their home and took time to hang out and show me Playa Coco and Bar Las Vegas.  They cooked me great meals.  Bob and Claudia, you guys keep adding to your saving account of fun when you come to Charleston.  Bob is picking me up today after work, in Managua traffic so that I can have an easy departure tomorrow morning.  I had a blast with them in Managua and a blast at the beach.

Etienne and Anne and Marvin, thanks for being great mentors and great drinking and travel buddies. I learned a lot of Nica slang from you guys.  I also learned a lot of pertinent medical information from you guys.  Can't wait to go to France!

And to my host family here.  They are going through some very difficult and strenuous times.  But they continued to make sure I was fed and my clothes were cleaned. THis is a very special family, one that has been through a lot together, but stayed together. I learned a lot from them.  I hope that I can come back soon and visit.  And please keep Esperanza's mother in your prayers. She is doing better, but is still in the hospital.



Thanks for reading!!!!! And visit Nicaragua!!

No comments:

Post a Comment