playa

playa

Monday, July 15, 2013

Platillas y Bebidas Tradicionales

Dona Espinoza is getting a kick out of preparing meals for me that are autentico y tradicional.  I should start taking pictures of what she makes. So here's what I have been eating:


Gallo Pinto
Most recognizable
Rice
Beans
Simplicity has its charm
This is eaten at pretty much every meal
Translation:  "spotted rooster"

Moros y Cristianos
Same ingredients
just not mixed together
Interesting name, eh


Tamal o Nacatamal
Mi favorito
Corn masa 
Meat and veggies laid on top
Folded and then wrapped in plantain leaves
Pressure cooked
Pillows of heaven
Typical of a mid morning Sunday meal

Plantanos Fritos o Tostones
Fried ripe plantains

Queso Frito
Fried cheese. 
Delicious.

Tortillas de Maiz
We get them fresh every morning... :)

A drink that is supposed to promote 
good energy and health
Fruit included for me was strawberries
Very interesting and filling.
I had to keep mixing it

Also interesting, but yummy

Refrescos de (whatever fruit you want)
Pitaya is my favorite
It's really purple.
Juice, but more watery, 
Probably healthier


Basically everything is AMAZING. 


No comments:

Post a Comment