playa

playa

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rest day

I couldn't stay in the hospital today for risk of getting sicker or more importantly  getting someone else sick.  I do not actually think I have Dengue, but I have stopped taking ibuprofen just in case.  Ibuprofen thins blood and lead to hemorrhagic dengue. I had a high fever last night, got chills, and woke up in my comforter.  There's a first. I have none of the symptoms, I just know them, so I think I have Dengue... Just pain in my  muscles and joints and behind my eyes and in my sinuses and a fever. and med-studentitis

Therefore, upon 20 minutes of research, I have self-diagnosed myself (as of now) with Surfer's Sinusitis. 

I took some pretty big spills into some big waves on Sunday afternoon.  In fact, I got stuck in the totally wrong place for 3 waves.  I had water coming out of my nose all day.  

Or maybe I have the flu. Thank you Future Dr. Kranc for helping me out this morning and last night. 

Dr. V prescribed me Amoxicilin, Acetaminophen, and Ambroxol. So that should cover whatever I have going on.

I will now rest, but I'll keep everyone updated.  Dona Espiranza is also taking good care of me. She just brought me some lemonade concoction that she said will make me feel better. So sweet. If I feel better by 2, I will head to Carita Feliz.  :) 

Here's a picture of Etienne taking a spill.  You can barely see his board in that wave :)



No comments:

Post a Comment