playa

playa

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Laguna De Apoyo

After this crazy week, I needed some decompression.  This is the 2nd time for me to Laguna.  I tried to take public transport, as I have done before but from Managua. However, the Masaya station with buses to Masaya is located at the market block, and this place on a Sunday in Granada is INSANE.  So many people crammed onto one tiny street with buses, vans, motorcycles, bikes, babies, stray dogs, more babies, really poor people, nuns, birds, and more motorcycles and bicycles. Was not happening for me.  After I escaped the chaos, I found Hostel Oasis not far from the market square.  They provide a shuttle to Hostel Paradiso for 13 bucks. I was down for that. They carted 10 travelers and hippies from all corners of the globe to share in a little piece of paradise. We had Germany, USA, Canada, Ireland in one bus. 

Here is some info on the Laguna!! Crystal clear water in the 200 meter deep crater of an inactive volcano.

I kayaked. Swam. Relaxed on a floating dock.  Met a kick-ass young woman from Canada whose name is Stephanie. Mediatated. Read Ishmael. All in all, a pretty awesome day.  Laguna de Apoyo is definitely one of my favorite spots everrrrr,  Here are some pics :)  They do not do this nature treasure justice. 





No comments:

Post a Comment